In keeping with the Western Tradition, B.O.T.A. uses modern methods wherever they are superior to older ones. Therefore, in the work of its outer school, B.O.T.A. has adopted the method of teaching by correspondence. This permits members to study in their spare time. All of the exercises suggested in the correspondence lessons are done in private and then silently applied to daily life. This form of instruction is highly suitable. As little as fifteen minutes a day will provide worthwhile results.
Privileges and Terms of Membership
Application for active membership in BOTA may be made by anyone over 21 years of age who is sincerely interested in its teachings.
- When an application has been accepted and you are enrolled as an Associate Member, you will be mailed printed lessons covering the various subjects of the curriculum.
- Members may avail themselves and their families of the meditative healing work regularly conducted in the Temple. This subtle healing work is intended to complement, not replace, the methods and work of the medical fraternity.
- Your privacy is strictly preserved and your name will never be revealed without your permission.
- Although the most important part of the B.O.T.A. curriculum is the individual lesson work done in private, sincere members who so desire may participate in B.O.T.A. group work found in larger metropolitan areas and at regional retreats.
- It should be understood that these privileges range from the public presentation of the teachings to the deeper inner practices and instruction. These privileges cannot be purchased. Membership is a privilege. It allows linkage to a body of dedicated people who are concerned with the alleviation of human suffering and with their responsibility to develop their own spiritual fitness.
- Membership naturally entails responsibility for the support of the work. B.O.T.A. is a strictly non-profit organization. Its unpaid custodians serve for the privilege of extending these remarkable and important teachings to a world sorely in need of them. Therefore, dues are held to a level which meets the actual operating costs of providing the lesson work to members.
How to Apply for Membership
Before making any decision about applying for membership, you should seriously consider the statements just made. B.O.T.A. never urges anyone to become a member. It is a step you must take for yourself without coaxing or persuasion. When you do take it you will receive a heartfelt welcome and co-operation from new sources.
Like other accredited institutions of higher learning, Builders of the Adytum does not use high-pressure inducements in presenting its teachings. Our obligations prohibit this. We merely announce that there is available to the sincere aspirant a method of spiritual unfoldment which has been tested and tried for unnumbered centuries and that this Order is a direct inheritor from the long line of Mystery Schools.
Sometimes prospective members are undecided about affiliating with an organization such as B.O.T.A. because they are not sure that they are ready and able to take such an important step. Should such thoughts enter your mind, know that a fundamental principle of occultism tells us that, "When the student is ready the teacher will appear." This principle may be stated in two other ways: "When the teacher appears, the student is ready;" and "Until the student is ready, no opportunity to receive instruction in the Ageless Wisdom will present itself." From this, one may deduce that, since the opportunity is here, this fact is usually sufficient evidence of readiness to proceed with the work.
Other members have discovered that once you have glimpsed the glorious possibilities of this adventure, you will find it impossible to turn back. The world and life itself take on new meanings which will eventually displace the old ones completely and permanently. Old fears, failures and frustrations will vanish and be replaced by new courage, excitement, success, a fresh and enthusiastic approach to life and its problems, and a deep-seated sense of well-being founded on knowledge of the always dynamic and beneficent source of life.
B.O.T.A. is offering online orientation sessions for new members and anyone sincerely interested in learning more about Builders of the Adytum. To find out more, please complete this form.
Any questions you care to ask about B.O.T.A. and its work will be gladly answered.
For problems receiving lessons, downloads, cancellations, or help with membership dues, please contact this email address:
For any kind of spiritual question or concern regarding the B.O.T.A. curriculum, please contact this email address:
If you wish to apply for membership, you may:
Adventure in the sure knowledge that the Holy
Guardian Angel lights the way before you.
And may you abide under the shadow of His wings
Whose name is Peace.